MulletsInHungary

This is the blog of Brad and Kari Mullet. It serves to keep our partners in the gospel informed of our activities.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Barrington, Illinois, United States

Brad: I grew up in a Christian family. My oldest brother shared with me the good news of salvation by God's grace through faith in Jesus Christ. I placed my trust in Him when I was five years old. I'm presently working alongside the Hungarian Evangelical Church in Budapest. Kari: I placed my trust in Jesus Christ for salvation when I heard the gospel at the age of 14 at a Young Life camp.

Monday, October 12, 2009

Magyar Mullets September 2009 Newsletter


Dear Family and Friends, Three months down and three more to go before, Lord willing, we return to labor in Hungary. The Lord has been kind to encourage us through our family, friends, and in churches along the way. This past month we enjoyed giving an account of the Lord’s work in several cities including St. Louis, Chicago, Minneapolis, Bismarck, and in more remote places in northern Wisconsin, North Dakota, and Montana. Included in this letter is a picture from our visit to Eagle River, Wisconsin, and the 45th annual Beef-O-Rama event in Minocqua, Wisconsin. God has provided many a laborer from the north woods to journey to Budapest and to build on the Ministry Center. It was a joy to see the Rhinos (one such construction group) in their own element—a culture unto itself: lakes, woods, and trails; muskie fishing, cheese curds, snowmobiles, and a Friday night fish fry. It was great to meet the ones who sent those who served with us. I love to report to everyone the return the Lord has brought on your investment. In Montana, we visited ranches where God’s cows roam and ranchers raise calves that are then sold to support missionaries. We attended the annual conference of STEER, Inc, headquartered in Bismarck, North Dakota. STEER facilitates a unique three-way partnership between donors, farmers or ranchers, and missions. (Note the brand on the shoulder of this cow in the photo--a triangle with a cross on top of it, the STEER Inc. brand.) A donor donates a cow, a farmer or rancher feeds and cares for it, and the proceeds from the sale of the calf each year goes to the designated mission. The cow in this picture, among several cared for by my uncles in eastern Montana, is a regular supporter. If you, or someone you know is a farmer or rancher, there are cows immediately available at STEER Inc. for placement in support of our work in Hungary. Please contact us by phone or email if you’re interested in STEERing money to missions! With respect to our financial support, we are still lacking $900 in regular monthly support. One-time donations to our ministry account are most welcome and will also reduce this figure for our next term. No need for me to tell you the woes of these economic times, but I would like to share an encouragement I received from a paraphrase of verse 15 from 2 Corinthians 12. The Apostle Paul writes: 'I will most gladly spend everything I have and be utterly spent myself for the salvation of your souls.' Pray that the Lord would guide us and make this true of us as we return to labor in Hungary. Richly blessed, Brad, for all of us

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home